Life’s little lessons from the COVID-19 Pandemic
It’s been over eight odd weeks since I started working from home following the lockdown due to Covid-19 pandemic in my area.I used this period to have a moment of sober reflection and adjust the way i do things and I must say I have learnt a lot of lessons from the pandemic so far.A lot of things changed very quickly and dramatically too and I’m getting ready for the new normal post Covid-19 pandemic.
Below are a few lessons learnt:
- Be ready to make adjustments
- Be ready to reshape your mindset
- Make plans for the unknown.One thing that is constant in life is change
- Use your time wisely
- Build better relationships
- Be tech savvy,everything is going virtual
Learn the skills for virtual boardroom meetings
- Be willing and ready to adjust,things might get worse before they get better
- Get ready for the new normal
- Live each day as it comes,whilst engaging in mindfulness, healthy eating and exercise
- Your projections and analysis for the future may be futile
- Do not engage in reckless spending
- Save a portion of your earnings,get ready for layoff’s
- As you treat yourself with things like cars,gifts etc….also invest in your emotional/spiritual well-being. The latter is more important
- Develop good indoor habits- learn how to play indoor games like chess etc. There are times when watching TV or using your mobile device may seem uninteresting …..you need to get used to reading quality educational materials,attending virtual meetings/training’s,listening to podcasts,participating in webinars ….
- Everything is changing,new job roles are coming up.Build rich connections with people who add value to you,people who can share vital information with you….
- Get ready for the new normal,systems would never be the same post Covid-19 Pandemic