Business Nuggets -from Mr Cosmas Maduka of Coscharis Group
I love listening to successful business men/women, in that way I can understand the practical rudiments of a thriving business and appreciate how to grow a business from scratch.
Few days ago, I watched an interview featuring Mr.Cosmas Maduka on Pulse TV
According to Wikipedia( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmas_Maduka),Cosmas Maduka (born December 24, 1958) CON is a Nigerian businessman and philanthropist, the Founder, President and Chairman of the Coscharis Group, an indigenous conglomerate with diverse interest in Manufacturing, ICT, Petrochemical, Auto care and Auto Components, Automobile Sales and Services, Agric and Agro Allied business sectors. Maduka is famous for Coscharis Motors, a leading automobile sales and servicing company. In addition to other brands of cars such as Range Rover, Ford and Jaguar; he is sole distributor of BMW in Nigeria.
In 2015, Maduka was featured in Forbes Africa TV Series “Worst Day with Peace Hyde” and was estimated to worth $500million USD
In our society, we have so many people who want quick money but they are not ready and willing to grow, they just want to hit big money in a flash or pluck money from trees
Nowadays we have people peddling false business ideas looking for who to swindle, but if and when I’m ready to go into any kind of business, I would indeed apply the nuggets I learnt from Mr Maduka.
Below are key points I got from the interview:
· Don’t neglect the beginning of any small thing, your beginning may be small but your end will be great
· In business you only get what you negotiated not what you deserve
· If you believe everything that is sweet is good, everything that is bitter is bad, then you are doomed for destruction, you are not mature
· You need to visualise where you are going,to get there
· Write down your vision, look at it and rehearse it.
· Passion is the fuel for the wheel, it is what makes you a successful businessman
· The hindrance to success is lack of vision
· Adversity is nothing but a refining fire that burns out the impurities in you
· When you have a vision, you are close to a ‘mad person’, nobody believes you until your vision materialises